Sunday, December 21, 2008

Green Simcha Project

Emily Asked:
Hi,
My Bat-Mitzvah is in March and for my mitzvah project i wanted to make a booklet about how to "green" a simcha. Can you help me. I'm trying to find info on all sorts of topics, so any ideas would be helpful.
-Emily
P.S. -> Websites would also be helpful. :)


Kate Answered:
Hi Emily,
This is such a great idea and I am delighted you are doing it! When you are done I would love to see what you have made! I have a lot of ideas that I think would be helpful. First, many of the chapters and resources in my book The Green Bride Guide: How to Create an Earth-Friendly Wedding on Any Budget also apply to bar and bat mitzvahs, so you should be able to get a lot of what you need from it.




Second, I recommend taking a look at Green & Just Celebrations, which you can download for free form Jews United for Justice. It has a lot of great tips and resources and would be a good model for what you want to do.




Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with for this project and keep me updated on you progress,


Kate

No comments: